After the loss of a loved one, you need competent counsel to guide you through the complexity of the probate and estate administration process. In addition, there may be trust agreements to interpret and carry out. We can help.
Some of the more common types of probate-related services we provide include:
- Filing petitions for the appointment of personal representatives
- Inventorying of estate assets
- Notifying creditors
- Settling the estate’s legitimate debts
- Distributing the remaining assets in accordance with the decedent’s will, or if intestate, in accordance with state law
- Preparing and filing estate and gift tax returns
Resolving Probate Disputes
In addition to managing probate, trust administration and other estate-related matters, we also provide representation to beneficiaries, personal representatives, trustees and others with regard to probate disputes involving will contests, trust disputes, financial mismanagement, breach of fiduciary duty claims, allegations of undue influence or duress, and more.