Estate Administration

After the loss of a loved one, you need competent counsel to guide you through the complexity of the probate and estate administration process. In addition, there may be trust agreements to interpret and carry out.

At Garlington Lohn Robinson, our real world backgrounds in business, real estate, tax and accounting, and our in-depth knowledge of the law, help us to be efficient stewards of the probate and estate administration process for clients in Montana and Washington State, and for out of state estates or decedents, including Canadian citizens, with property interests in either location.

Probate Services

Some of the more common types of probate-related services our lawyers provide include:

  • Filing petitions for the appointment of personal representatives
  • Inventorying of estate assets
  • Notifying creditors
  • Settling the estate's legitimate debts
  • Distributing the remaining assets in accordance with the decedent's will, or if intestate, in accordance with state law
  • Preparing and filing estate and gift tax returns

Guardianships and Conservatorships

When a person becomes mentally or physically incapable of caring for himself or herself, or of managing his or her own financial affairs, a guardian or conservator may be appointed by the court. Our firm assists family members in navigating the process required to obtain a court appointment and defends individuals who have been unduly charged with being mentally or physically unable to care for themselves.

Probate Disputes

In addition to managing probate, trust administration and other estate-related matters, our attorneys also provide representation to beneficiaries, personal representatives, trustees and others with regard to probate disputes involving will contests, trust disputes, financial mismanagement, breach of fiduciary duty claims, allegations of undue influence or duress, and more.

Quality Work, Promptly Delivered: (406).523.2500

To arrange for an initial consultation, call our Missoula law office directly or complete the brief e-mail form provided on the Contact Us page of this Web site.